1. I drive around Mississauga Road to see how beautiful the houses are decorated.
2. I record a Christmas album and instead of selling them, I offer the option to make a donation to a charity with zero obligation. I make the collection of songs available as a free download and if the listener likes what they hear and if they’re interested and able to, they can make a donation. I love music (spoiler alert) and I’m lucky enough to be able to use my musical abilities to help others.
3. I drink far too much egg nog. Yes, I realize the cholesterol spike isn’t good for me. But mix in a bit of whiskey and it all balances out, right? Right.
4. I create a “Xmas” playlist on my iTunes and there’s everything from big band stuff to jazz to rock and everything in between.
5. I handwrite about 200+ Christmas cards and mail them. Yup, no typo here. I don’t do it to improve my handwriting as that’s a lost cause. I do it because my mother and I wrote cards together when I was young and it’s something that’s stuck with me since. I don’t do it for recognition or to improve my chances for getting a card in return. I do it because it’s something I’ve done for over 20 years.
6. I put the fireplace channel on the TV and wrap presents.
7. I eat Holiday Rice Krispies for breakfast through most of December with chocolate milk.
8. I put a strand of Christmas lights on my wall of guitars. It shouldn’t only be the tree that gets lit up.
We’re nothing without our beloved readers. A-Musings consist of short, lifestyle-based pieces that offer insight to our version of the #realworld. We’re not trying to reinvent the wheel—the woman who did that has taken care of that nicely. Rather, we’re aiming to put some nice rims on those wheels.
We encourage you to join the conversation and engage with us either by commenting or by submitting something that could make its way into the section.
And with that, off we go!