On March 4, the Longo’s family along with Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Roseanne and Anthony Longo and store manager Luis Caetano will welcome the community to the grand opening of the new Longo’s store in Applewood Village. This will be the fourth Longo’s location in Mississauga.
The new location will house a full service Starbucks coffee shop and a Loft Cooking School on its upper level. The Loft Cooking School will offer specialty classes for chefs of all ages and expertise.
In addition, the 35,000 square foot Longo’s Applewood location will also offer customers:
- Longo’s award-winning fresh salad bar.
- A gourmet made-to-order stone pizza oven.
- Full service deli with more than 300 cheeses from around the world.
- Full service meat and seafood counter.
- Fresh in-store bakery with over 50 artisan breads.
- Full assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables including extensive local and organic varieties; and
- Fresh handmade sushi with over 30 varieties.
The grand opening will begin at 8:00 a.m. Visitors can expect the ceremonial biting of the apple by Mayor Crombie, a six-foot Bento sushi roll, the cutting of the celebration cake and food samples throughout the store.
Applewood Village Longo’s
1125 North Service Rd.
A family-owned organization, Longo’s first opened its doors in Toronto in 1956 and now boasts 27 stores across the GTA including 4 small format “The Market” by Longo’s. Grocery Gateway, the leader in online sales of home delivered groceries, is owned and operated by Longo Brothers Fruit Market Inc. since 2004. Inspired by their Founders and their commitment to a Fresh Tradition, the Longo’s team hand selects fresh produce for its stores six days a week. Longo’s food experts are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience and a great value to every customer, every time by providing Fresh & Unique Offerings, Everyday Foods & Groceries, Services for Ease, Education and Ideas.